Sunday, August 23, 2009

所以买了雷朋

I have been feeling rather disgruntled about long work hours these days. Started out when I worked at the agency. Good colleagues but the work sucked to high heaven. I was clocking in close to 16 and sometimes 20 hour work days. And for a period in time, I was working EVERY weekend. I think my friends and my cousins gave up calling me cos I was perpetually working.

So when my new job came along I jumped on the opportunity. Hoping that the hours perhaps would be more human. Like working 9 to 7 at most, and having decent weekends.

But in recent months, the work has been piling up. I'm working later, and on weekends. And it's come to a point where I wonder, how is this normal?

When people in European, US or Australia go on leave, they don't work through their leave. They definitely don't work weekends. And they don't do that much OT.

So why is work life balance respected in other countries but the stupid asians we are, we slog like cows, and for what? To prove that we're hardworking?

It's gotten me thinking. I wonder perhaps I should start talking to people and perhaps thinking about starting my own business. Doing, I don't really know. Running a cafe?

hmmm.

Anyway as an interim consolation, I got myself a new pair of Ray-Bans.

No comments: