Sunday, February 19, 2006

The One

I'm sure that out there, millions of gals still believe in THE ONE. I'm not talking about Matrix here. You know the ONE guy for you, or the one gal for u.

I'm not too sure about it. When can you be sure he is it?

With age, (yes, in my many many years of experience) you kinda have more realistic expectations of who you want in life. So sorry Mr. Pitt, you'll have to stick with Angelina.

I met Mr. S on a holiday, it was just going to be like holiday fun, him taking me out to view the sights and sounds over 2 days. I never expected it'll stay on till now.

It's been six months. Much longer than some of my other relationships.

He's turned out perfect. Initially I had my fair share of fears, thanks to concern friends and relatives who thought that he could be some pyschotic killer, man waiting to sell asian gals into sex trade, sex maniac (why would he want to have some crazy money and time consuming affair with a gal 10,000km away?)

He's funny, smart, caring, fanatical about gym, cheeky and sexy and well...crazy about me.

And I ask myself, what's holding me back? (other than the fact that for me to be in this relationship, I have to UPROOT myself to be with him).

I mean he is perfect and he swears that he'll take care of me, love me, share his life with me. He's all that I ask for in a guy.

What if it doesn't work out?

Some fear of a soothsayer predictions that my relationships before 35 will all fizzle might come true. I honestly regret going to the fortune teller.

It's his birthday next week and I really wanted him to be here. But he isn't. It sucks but we have April. Two whole glorious weeks to decide where this is going to bring us.

Maybe it's like what I read in an article somewhere, I just have to enjoy the ride, and not worry about where it leads me at this point in time. Let's repeat that for 1,000 times and have it sink into my head. :) Hey baby. Love u.

No comments: