I called my darlings today. B1 had just woken up from his afternoon nap. And B2 was busy munching on food. I called because I bought a pair of sunglasses, spider-men 3 sunglasses no less, for my darling B1, while Sue May was here, and didn't get anything for B2. And Sue May was going over to my mom's to hand the gifts over to the rascals. I called my mom to make sure that she had bought something for B2, so she wouldn't feel jealous or left out. But as usual, since B2 was furiously shaking her hand in response to the "Do you want to speak to Yee Yee" question, I ended up talking to my other angel - B1.
"Hi Yee" B1 said when he picked up the phone.
"Hi my sweet, how are you?"
... a bit of silence
"What did you say Yee?" B1 asked.
"I asked how you were."
"Yee yee, can I ask mama something first?"
"Yup sure, go on then."
(In the background) "Mama can I watch 05 please?"
"Sweetheart, do you want to watch TV or talk to me?" I asked B1, knowing that TV is a big thing for 4 year olds.
"No, I'll watch TV after I've finished talking to you." B1 said in his usual sweet, heart melting and super honeyed reply.
Sigh. It is true, I will give up my entire life for that little boy.
On another note, I am still waiting for British Summer to begin. It's been raining in the UK the past 3 weeks. And in a country that rains as much and as often as the UK, even the Brits are saying this is extraordinarily bad weather. I mean just look at the floods in York.
I've only seen the sun for a total of 30 minutes in the past 3 weeks. As much as I like rainy weather, this is a bit too much, and it's inconvenient when I do want to go out! But the weather looks promising tomorrow - sunshine and clouds with quite a bit of wind, temperate at 19 deg Celsius. And over the weekend it goes up to 23 deg. Let's hope it stays that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment