I received a call from some PR company today, who told me that I was one of the 90 selected by "sponsors" to win $4,500 shopping vouchers.
So the conversation went something like this...
N: Congratulations, you have been selected by our sponsors to win cash, electronic ... droning droning... However Ms. L, if you are selected for this and you ultimately win the grand draw, you and your partner will need to be involved in the media and PR for this.
KBO: (Some what skeptical and suspicious about the whole call) Okay, tell me more about it.
(after 5 minutes, and after verifying my details, from goodness knows where they got my details, I had to confess as N was going on and on about me and my imaginary "partner".)
KBO: But I'm single.
N: Then just now I said you and your partner, you said yes, yes, yes.
(Yah, so I lied, sue me. Not like this scam is any real anyway)
N: Ok well this lucky draw is not applicable to you then. Bye.
Click.
Hey wait a second, I thought I was being discriminated against by my favourite people in white. Is this even ALLOWED? So even if my income, (combined or otherwise) exceeds $5,000, which was their criteria for participating, am I STILL disqualified?
Felt quite miffed by the twit. And to think the day started off great with a rainy morning and had the kids in fantastic mood.
No comments:
Post a Comment